|SR.NO||NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION||Emai Id|
|1||Dr.Archana Dhusia||Associate Professor(ad-hoc) and Heademail@example.com|
|2||Dr.Heena Sonawane||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
2. Sections or branches:
- Dr. Archana Dhusia- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Dr. Heena Sonawane- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
3. Location and Time for OPD and days if any
OPD NO-32, Lower ground floor, A-wing Hospital Building
Monday – Saturday (8 am to 11:30 am)
4. Services offered
- Dentoalveolar Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical procedures.
- Restorative dentistry
- Periodontal treatment.
5. Activities of the department
Seminars, Chairside sessions for UG students.
Seminars and workshops
Comparative study of triamcinolone acetate v/s Betnesol and hyaluronidase in Oral Submucous Fibrosis patients.
- Patient care,
Outpatient: Dental Extractions
Wisdom molar surgeries
Root canal treatments
Tobacco Cessation Counselling
Intra Oral Periapical Radiography
Inpatient: Maxillofacial Trauma Surgeries
Release of Oral Submucous Fibrosis
Excision of Cysts and Tumors of the jaw
Temporomandibular Joint Surgeries
6. Emergency services: Related to maxillofacial trauma
7. Surgical procedure:
- Maxillofacial trauma surgeries ORIF
- Marsupialization/ enucleation/resection of cysts and tumors of the jaws.
- The release of Oral Submucous fibrosis.
- Interposition arthroplasty for temporomandibular joint ankylosis
- Orthognathic surgery
- Cleft lip surgeries
8. CME, Conferences –
9. New services started in the year 2017
- Dentoalveolar surgeries in the OPD.
- Major maxillofacial surgeries in the OT.
- Intralesional injections for OSMF, Oral Lichen Planus, Aphthous ulcers, etc.
- Intra-articular injections for TMJ internal derangement & subluxation patients.
- Management of Orofacial pain, including temporomandibular disorders (TMD) and mucosal diseases.
10.Vision of department
To make the department of dentistry a center of excellence and the best amongst all the departments of dentistry in MCGM medical colleges.
To be accomplished by procuring
- Digital imaging equipment e.g..vistascan, CBCT (cone beam computerized tomography).
- Surgical saws, peizotronic bone cutting systems.
- Titanium bone plating system, implant systems.
- CADCAM technology for dental implants & maxillofacial prosthesis.
- Hi-tech state of the art prosthetic lab with a trained dental technician.
- To start post graduation MDS in maxillofacial surgery.