Name of the Department:
Name & email ID of the HOD : Dr Duleep Dagdoo Bhonsale / firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Teaching Staff
|1||Dr Duleep Bhonsale||HOD/Associate professor|
|2||Dr Vikram Shende||Assistant Professor|
|3||Dr Karuna Agawane||Senior Resident|
|4||Dr Kunal Jangale||Senior Resident|
|5||Dr Gauri Rane||Senior Resident|
2. Location : Dr. R. N. Cooper Medical College and General Hospital & H.B.T Medical College, Juhu- Vile Parle, Mumbai 56
3. Section / Units details : – HOD/Associate Professor -Dr Duleep Bhonsale
4. OPD / Dept timings-: 9am to 4 pm OPD and later 24 hour Emergency services
5. Facilities and Special services : –
The Diagnostic Radiology department has a body of work impressive in both complexity and volume. In addition to the clinical services offered, the department remains committed to Academic Radiology. The department has state of the art equipment including the MRI (IMRIS), 1.5 Tesla MRI, dual source multidetector CT 128 slices, and PACS. We do approximately 35 MRIs and 45 CT scans on routine appointment basis. The USG department works round the clock and does about 100 scans each day.
The entire team of speciality Radiology consultants have extensive experience and training. The radiology department works closely with the referral physician, surgeon and obstretian as a part of the multidisciplinary treatment of various diseases.
6. Our GOAl
- Provide excellent-quality, radiation safe and cost effective care to patients through medical imaging.
- Integrate imaging into research for further advancement of technology and improved clinical benefits.
- Pass on the torch of knowlegde and experience gained in the field of imaging through teaching programmes
The department boasts of high-quality patient care with world class equipment and highly trained specialists. In addition, the department continues to play a key role in advancing the state of the art in imaging technologies including CT (computed tomography), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging),X-Ray (radiography) and ultrasound, as well as invasive, image-guided vascular procedures.
7. Guidelines/ instructions for patients for OPD’s / Investigations etc: International guidelines are followed for all patient related procedures.
8. Contact No.s 022-26233863
9. Course offered with status of recognition (MCI/MUHS etc)
PG :-D.M.R.E, D.N.B (expecting)
Certificate courses :-
9. Year-wise the details of any award/achievements received by student or faculty:
1) Dr Duleep Bhonsale : Has 5 International renowned Journal publications.
2) Dr VIkram Shende : Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi Short Term Studentship Award-2010 3rd Prize in State level Surgery Quiz-2011 Nagpur Winner Of Opening lecture contest at ULTRAFEST-2015 Mumbai
10. 1st Prize for Case Presentation at MEDIACE-2015 Pune
Dr Vikram Shende Publications
1) Dr VikramShende, DrAnandKamat, DrSwapnilRaut, DrPrajaktaJagtap, DrPranjalBobade, DrSumitKuthe-“Sassone Scoring system In Differentiating Benign and Malignant Adnexal Masses” –IJAR, Volume : VI, Issue : III, March – 2016
2) Dr VikramShende, DrPunitAgrawal, DrSantoshKonde, DrHariqbal Singh-“Dandy Walker Malformation with Parietal Encephalocele– Case Report”- IJAR, Volume : VI, Issue : III, March – 2016
Dr Vikram Shende Scientific Papers Presented
1) Fetal Akinesia Deformation Sequence – 2015
2) Gynaecological Pelvic Masses : USG, MRI& Histopathological Correlation – 2015
3) Is the Screening done at General Hospitals Sufficient for Detecting Downs Synrome? – 2015
4) Pelvic Adnexal Masses – 2015
5) Evaluating the efficiency of using second trimester nasal bone hypoplasia as a single or combined marker for fetal aneuploidy – 2015
6) Arthrogryposis – 2015
7) MRI imaging in pathologies affecting the Corpus Callosum – 2015
Dr Vikram Shende Scientific Posters Presented
1) Bronchogenic cyst- 2014
2) Female Pelvic pathologies CT and MRI- 2014
3) Marchiafava-Bignami Disease- 2014
4) Pelvic Adnexal Masses- 2015
5) Acute Pelvic Pain-2015
6) Pictorial essay on 2012 Revised Atlanta classification of Acute Pancreatitis-2015
7) Imaging approach to Leucodystrophies-2015
8) CECT and MRI IN differential diagnosis of Ring enhancing lesions in Brain-2015
12. Year-wise details of any CME programmes, conferences and any other academic activities conducted by the department CME is held on every 2nd Tuesday of every month since January 2016 to October 2016
13. Future plans – Aquisition of Digital Radiography system , Mammography machine , State-of-Art USG machine, DSA facility for IR.
14. photographs of Department
|Technicians||6 X-Rays , 6- CT & MRI|