Name of the Department : DENTISTRY DEPARTMENT
Head od Department : Dr. Heena Sonawane (I/C). Email id : email@example.com.
|SR.NO||NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION|
|1]||Dr. Heena Sonawane||Assistant Professor|
|2]||Dr. Sampada Padgaonkar||Dental Surgeon (Part time)|
|3]||Dr. Raji Verma||Dental Surgeon (Part time)|
|4]||Dr. Deepak Jagtap||Dental Surgeon (Part time)|
|5]||Dr. Sudhanshu Joshi||Dental Surgeon (Part time)|
|6]||Dr. Rangnath Jhawar||S.M.C|
|7]||Dr. Isha Angne||Bonded Medical Officer|
|8]||Dr. Rachel Pinto||House Officer|
O.P.D./Office:- “A” wing lower ground, OPD No : 32 Hospital building, HBT Medical college and Dr.R.N. Cooper municipal General Hospital.
Section / Units details locations, faculties, RMO etc:
There is a single unit managing both the teaching activities and patient care. And addition to the faculty, there are 1 Registrar post and 1 House Officers post in Dentistry. The Dentistry dept of the HBT Trauma Hospital, Jogeshwari west is a sub-centre under our department with a house officer in Dentistry posted there.
OPD / Dept timings :–
- Dept – Official duty hours are from 9am to 4pm
- OPD : Monday to Saturday (9:00am -1:00pm)
- OT : Alternate Fridays (starting from 8:30am)
Year-wise the details of any award/achievements received by student or faculty-
Dr. Heena Sonawane
Teaching Experience 1yr and 3 months
Publications in national & international Journals
- Heena Sonawane, FrenyKarjodkar, KaustubhSansare, Nimish Prakash. Orthokeratinized and Odontogenic cyst : A rarity. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngol Clinics 2013; 5(3): 182- 186.
- KaustubhSansare, Heena Sonawane, Neha Bansal, FrenyKarjodkar. Role of betamethasone in oral submucous fibrosis. Oral surgery Oral Medicine Oral PathologyOral radiology. May 2014;117(5): e340.
- Prakash N, Karjodkar FR, Sansare K, Sonawane HV, Bansal N, Arwade R. Visibility of lamina dura and periodontal space on periapical radiographs and its comparison with cone beam computed tomography. Contemporary Clinical Dentistry. 2015;6(1):21-25. doi:10.4103/0976-237X.149286.
FACILITIES AND SPECIAL SERVICES:
- Approximately 50 patients are examined every day.
- Patients from other departments are referred as well.
- Diagnostic Intraoral Radiography is done every day with reporting done immediately on the same day.
- Management of Orofacial pain, including temporomandibular disorders (TMD), Mucosal diseases, Oral cancer, Dental care for patients with disabilities, Neurosensory and motor disorders, Salivary dysfunction, Oral complications of systemic illnesses.
EXTRACTIONS & MINOR SURGERIES
- Routine extractions are done under local anesthesia from Tuesday to Friday.
- Management of trauma cases and dento-alveolar fractures under local anesthesia.
- Patients needing Universal Precautions are taken up on Mondays after routine work.
- Cysts and tumors.
- Medically compromised cases.
Are taken up under general anesthesia in the OT.
By appointments only.
- Restorations with glass ionomer fillings.
- Root canal therapy.
- Aesthetic dentistry: Composite light cure fillings.
TREATMENT OF INTRAORAL MUCOSAL LESIONS :
TREATMENT OF TMDs
By appointments only.
ON CALL DUTIES:
The senior faculty, registrars and house officers attend to dental calls from the wards and casualties regularly.
GUIDELINES/ INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS FOR OPD’S / INVESTIGATIONS ETC :
- Make OPD paper from the OPD Registration counter.
- For follow up cases, take the date stamp on the paper
- History taking and review of investigations in Dental OPD, A wing lower ground
- Clinical examination
- Investigations and initial treatment.